Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday, January 14th, 2010
Dear Friends,
I am doing my best to cover all the bases so that everyone who is receiving any of my updates will know what is going on. By now most of the world knows of the disaster that occurred in Haiti just a day and a half ago. I was scheduled to fly back down there the day after the earthquake hit. I am still here in the States, with a re-scheduled flight for Thursday, January 31st, and we are doing our best here to gather the much needed supplies and funds to bring back with us.
A note of praise: we finally heard from the Dorces and they are all safe. They were actually about two hours north of Carries (which is 50 mi. from Port-au-Prince) when it happened, and though they felt it, they, and everyone back at the beach in Carries were safe. They have had floods of wounded, homeless people coming to them for aid, and they are quickly running out of the small amount of supplies they did have. Please pray, and keep on praying, that they will have the energy, wisdom, and resources to help wherever they can. They are desperately in need of help and supplies, and right now the best we can do for them is to pray and gather these supplies. God is sovereign, and they are in His hands. He has placed them there for such a time as this, and He has put Crash and I here in the States to make it possible for supplies and funds to get to them. Praise Him for His all-perfect ways and timing!
I will not be updating my Blog as often as Facebook and e-mail, so if you would like to hear the more frequent updates, please send me an e-mail at smarie87@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God the Dorce's are safe! We are praying for you and Crash as you prepare to return to Haiti. Thank you my dear for all that you are doing for God's Kingdom!! Please give them all the BIGGEST HUG FOR US! Love you! Tammy Wood

    ReplyDelete